Wednesday 2 March 2016

Settling Down??

 I have a fun, exciting, demanding, and unreliable lifestyle. Im never really sure where I will be or what I will be doing, which works fine for me, and my daughter, and our relationship. But, in terms of relations with others, I have noticed a trend.
 People tell me they cannot rely on me, friends make plans without us; because they are never sure where we will be, or if we will let them down. I also have a really bad habit of thinking everyone is informed, when I havent actually told a soul what my intentions are. People just never know whyere thay stand with me.
 While friends and family are always excited to see us, and catch up; especially after a trip, sometimes it feels like more of a pasing novelty. People are so busy with their day to day lives, so scheduled, that they just cannot fit us in. Especially as we do almost everything completely last minute!
 We recently returned after a trip, and one of the most beautiful and noticeable things was that no matter how long had past, some relationships were completely unscathed; I was able to laugh and chat with friends as if we had not left their sides. But at the same time, I just felt we didnt fit in ... we are, I guess outside the norm, and have moved away from our circles, in a real sense. Of course, emotionally and spiritually we are right there with our nearest and dearest, but we arent there.
 Also in terms of a romantic relationship... no one wants to start a relationship with a chick who is about to catch a train, bus or flight; how would that even work anyway? I have met some amazing people, but I am almost always about to leave a place; so of course, nothing ever sticks. 
 I am thirty this year, and I think I am longing for a bit of stability. For me, and for my daughter. I would love her to get back into her martial arts training, she wants to persue professional singing. I would love to find a good dance instructor.  
 So, after a few strong signs in my life and a lot of prayer, I have made a decision. I think I am going set up a base. Like actually strive to buy a house. This way we can travel, and at least come back to the same point in the UK, instead of flitting between Wales, Yorkshire, the Midlands and London all the time. 
so, watch this space ...... as when we have our house we will be hosting via couchsurfing, and of course would need house sitters any time we go away.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thought, comments or questions about the blog....