Saturday 23 March 2013


 After 6 months of visits to the Dr and getting more and more unwell and frustrated, my GP now thinks I have M.E. - we are still a little way from official diagnosis, but already it makes so much sense. the muscle aches for no apparent reason, the headaches, joint pains, heaviness, confusion, lack of concentration....
 So, my first reaction was of course to sit in the car and cry. It was something I didn't understand but knew was long term. But imediately after that, I wondered how it would affect my travelling, as this is so important to me....

 I have pondered over this and I don't see any reason why I cannot still travel. I just need to make slight lifestyle adjustments; back up plans, and increased flexibility. The main thing is that because I get so overwhelmingly exhausted, for every day of travel/activity, I will need to plan at least one day of rest.

 I'm looking into meditation, yoga and relaxation more than ever... and I'm determined not to let this get the better of me. Whatever happens to me, I want to be able to travel.
                                                  Keeping Positive
 
I would be interested in anyone who suffers M.E. or CFS. I would love to hear any hints/tips on travelling with this 'condition' and how it affects you. Maybe you could even write a guest post? Please get in touch; on here, via my facebook page 'Double Trouble Travel' or leave a comment and I will get in touch with you. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thought, comments or questions about the blog....